Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween



So, Halloween is a big "to do" in our neighborhood. I bought 4 huge bags of candy and 4 medium sized bags, and we ran out at 8pm. I had to be the grouchy neighbor that turned the lights off and put a sign on the door that said, "We ran out of candy." Oh well. I thought we had big halloweens on post at Fort Benning, but this was crazy. The kids had a great time, including Benson. He kept his costume on the entire time, and he wanted to eat each piece of candy that he received. He also tried to knock on the doors, say 'trick or treat,' and told people bye bye. Ella was super excited and knew exactly what to do this year. And I think she had more fun handing out the candy and guessing the other kids' costumes. She made sure to tell everyone "happy halloween" as she handed them the candy.

Just before the craziness started, I got a chance to meet our neighbors two houses down from us. They have a three year old little girl, and they're from North Carolina and Tenessee! She was so nice, and I'm really excited to have finally met a friend/neighbor. Her husband deploys from Iraq next week, so we moved in just in time to meet him and help her out when she needs it.

Here's a link to our October pictures: http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLanding.action?c=14moigfq.bis09nie&x=0&y=-8jaa41&localeid=en_U

2 comments:

The Overstreet's said...

they are precious Brandi....I cannot believe that you guys have already moved. It does look beautiful and I am so happy that you found a home....but I sure do miss chatting with you already!

The Fawleys said...

Oh my goodness - they are so cute!! I am glad that you have found a home and are getting settled. I hope all is well!!

Sarah from FF