Thursday, April 16, 2009

Meet our Gummy Bear


I had my ultrasound today to verify our due date, and we are right on track! The baby is measuring 9 weeks 1 day old, and we're due on November 18th (actually a couple of days later than I originally thought). I saw a perfect little baby in there, wiggling around & waving! It's amazing how much you can see at such an early ultrasound. I also heard the heartbeat, and it was going strong at 164 bpm. I believe the old wives tale linking gender prediction to fetal heart rate would indicate that we might be carrying a little girl. I guess we'll have to wait and see!

It was a great experience, and I hate that James had to miss it. But I'm definitely thankful that he'll be here for the big stuff, like the birth & first year. Ha! :)

Obviously, I posted the ultrasound pics. They're fuzzy, but you can make out the head, arms, & the legs. Well, sort of.

2 comments:

MamaDoo said...

I am still so amazed by the miracle of life. Beautiful gummy bear my dear.

crysbrowning said...

Super excited!!