Saturday, November 17, 2007

Christmas for A Co. Soldiers

I organized an FRG picnic today, and we made Christmas goody bags for the soldiers in our company. We had a very small response, but we managed to make 160 bags! We're mailing them out first thing next week, so they should get them in Iraq before Christmas. It's just a few snacks and some candy, but I think they'll enjoy it. Sadly, that might be the only thing a few of the guys will get for Christmas this year, so I felt it was the least we could do. Ella and Benson aren't in the pictures because they weren't there! Fort Benning childcare hosts a Spouse's Day Out each month for spouses of deployed soldiers, and I decided to try it out for the first time today. I was nervous all day, and it was strange to be without children! It was the first time I've ever been away from them for that long. I have to admit that it was nice to get a break, and the kids did really well! Ella kept talking about "school" all afternoon once I picked her up. I'm thinking we might try this again.

Shelli, myself, Erik, Sgt. Higgs, & Ayla














the goodies!













Making the bags













The bags fell out of the bottom of the trash bag because they were so heavy. Oops!





I'm asking James to take some pictures of the guys receiving their bags in Iraq, so I'll share a few of those whenever I get them.

No comments: