Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Going Home

I found out yesterday that a childhood friend of mine has passed away. It's been difficult to swallow, and I haven't posted because I don't know what to say. We're leaving early in the morning to get up to NC in time for the viewing. The funeral is on Thursday. We'll be driving back to GA on Monday. Please keep the Jones family in your prayers, and think of us as we travel.

Our battalion commander is home for mid-tour leave right now, and I went to a meeting he held tonight. He showed us a slideshow of the guys over in Iraq, and I saw a couple of pictures of James. "Pride" does not even begin to describe what I feel for him. My husband is absolutely amazing and selfless, and I am so honored to be his wife. Our troops are sacrificing so much, and it's a shame that we don't see the majority of what they're accomplishing on the news. Keep praying for them and keep loving them. They are doing great things for the Iraqi people, whether you agree with the war or not.

Here are a couple of pictures of the kids from yesterday. Ella found a gift bag laying around, and she decided that it would make a nice purse. She filled it with her Little People zoo animals and toted it around the living room. Benson enjoyed spending some time in his jumperoo, as you can see. Apparently I'm a very funny mom because he kept laughing hysterically everytime I looked over at him. Silly boy.



I'm excited about meeting little Olivia while we're in NC, and I hope to see lots of family! I'm sure there will be many pictures and stories to share when we get back. Traveling with these two is usually an adventure, especially now that Ella is potty training. I'm really looking forward to the 7 hour car drive...

1 comment:

The Overstreet's said...

Brandi...I am so sorry about your friend. Please know that I will be thinking about you guys and praying for you as well. The way you speak of James is so sweet and I know that he is honored to be married to you as well. W is out of town on Monday so if you are tired and need somewhere to stay...you and the babies are more than welcome to stay with us.