Saturday, November 3, 2007

Surprise!!!!

It has been such a great day! First, the kids and I were able to sleep in together. I just love lazy Saturday mornings where we stay in PJ's, I sip coffee, and cook bacon and eggs for Ella while she watches a couple of cartoons. Then I put the kids in the jogging stroller, and we went for a run on the trail near our house. Benson took his morning nap in the stroller, and Ella talked about everything she saw (she is such a chatterbox these days!). She's starting to notice that the leaves are falling, and she loves seeing the squirrels racing around.

We threw a surprise baby shower for Tamara (the same Tamara from yesterday) this afternoon. She thought that we were having an FRG meeting, so she was totally surprised. Tamara found out she was pregnant the week after our husbands deployed, so this is one special baby!! Her husband is coming home soon, just in time to be here for the birth. I'm so excited for them! James and I have always talked about what wonderful parents they're going to be.

I also received a very special phone call tonight while I was feeding Benson his dinner. My Meredith's little one has arrived! Olivia Anne was born this evening, and she and Meredith are doing great! I am so thrilled for Meredith and Neil, and I'm overly anxious to meet Olivia. I don't have any siblings, but I now know what it feels like to have a little niece.

It's been such a great day, full of so many blessings!

No comments: